2.5.11

I'm (We're) Almost Not Crazy

I'm Almost Not Crazy - John Cassavetes - The Man and His Work (1984)

I found this incredible documentary on John Cassavettes. It was made during the filming of Love Streams. A film I would consider a pure masterpiece.
(it's in multiple parts, I'll only direct you to part one)

... it should be named "We're Almost Not Crazy" it's as much about Gena Rowlands as it is about John Cassavetes.

Part 1


Notes: I'm confident I would have beat his ass at backgammon, he put too much emotion into each roll...roll not role
Gena Gena Gena... what a great artist Gena Rowlands' is.

Interesting note on Part 2, this segment dealt more with Gena Rowlands' preparation for a key scene in Love Streams. It's the scene in which she tries to make her husband and daughter laugh. Interestingly, she states this was the only completely improvised scene in the film. Mainly, because Cassavettes knew that had he told her what it would entail it would have had her up all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment